7 Co-Operative Principles That Shape The Credit Union Experience
Credit unions put their values into practice by following the 7 co-operative principles. This sets credit unions apart from all other financial institutions,strengthens the community and benefits you too!
1. Voluntary and open membership
2. Democratic member control
3. Member economic participation
4. Autonomy and independence
5. Education, training and information
6. Co-operation among co-operatives
7. Concern for community
Learn more about the seven co-operative credit union principles by clicking the handout above.
Want to learn more? Click here to return to the It's a Money Thing home page and select a new topic.