March 23, 2020 Update
Dear Valued Member:
First and foremost, I want to thank you for your patience and understanding as LOC navigates these unchartered waters in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Credit Union’s Pandemic Response Team has been monitoring the situation in Michigan and taking decisive actions. Our Pandemic Plan is in place and has proved effective in meeting member needs during this health emergency.
The most important thing for you to know at this time is that we remain open to serve your financial needs. That being said, we believe it is absolutely critical for members to conduct business through our drive thru lanes, ATMs, over the phone or other remote means—including online and mobile banking. Our lobbies are now closed to members to further protect everyone’s well-being. You can still make an appointment to speak by phone to a representative at your preferred branch location. You can use our online tool to search availability and set that appointment or call 800.837.4562 to have someone set one for you.
Safe and Secure
During these difficult times, you can have the peace of mind knowing that your LOC deposit accounts are federally insured for at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration. Additionally, LOC has earned a five-star rating from BauerFinancial. This is the highest rating possible. BauerFinancial is an independent source for unbiased, independent credit union and bank ratings. No institutions pay for this rating, nor can they avoid a rating.
Financial Hardships Due to Coronavirus
I want to stress that LOC stands ready to help our members navigate the financial hardships they may be experiencing related to this pandemic. The Credit Union’s Leadership has provided our team with tools and options that can help reduce your financial anxiety as it relates to your LOC loans and the need for extra cash. We know each person’s situation is going to different, and we want to come up with a winning solution to your unique set of circumstances.
On a final note, I want to express my appreciation to our members for demonstrating cooperation and patience. I also want to thank our dedicated Board of Directors for their support, and certainly our exceptional employees who have demonstrated poise and professionalism in their service delivery during this difficult time.
Stay well and healthy.
Stephen P. Grech
- Use online and mobile banking to check balances, view history, transfer funds and make payments. Learn how to enroll and get started.
- Download the LOC apps for Apple or Google devices.
- Our three branch locations are equipped with deposit-automated ATMs that don’t require the use of an envelope for either cash or checks. Cash deposits are immediately available to you, just as they would be if you made the deposit inside our branch.
- If you are not near a branch, use one of more than 30,000 fee-free ATMs in the CO-OP Network.
- If you use your LOC debit or credit card for purchases, consider adding your cards to your phone’s Digital Wallet. This form of contactless payment will limit your exposure to payment terminals at point-of-sale for those merchants who accept this form of payment.
- Use the mobile deposit feature in our mobile apps for checks. We frequently review these items to ensure members have access to their funds as quickly as possible.
- Call 800.837.4562. Our Contact Center is open Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 6 pm., and Saturday 9 a.m. to noon.
- Text 800.837.4562. You can text us your question, and a team member will respond back to you during business hours.
- If you do need a loan, consider applying online on our website or in online/mobile banking. In most instances, the process can be completed remotely using DocuSign.
We recognize that fraudsters may also take advantage of an opportunity like this to cause harm to our members. Know that:
- LOC will never call you and ask for your member number or debit or credit card numbers over the phone.
- If you receive a phone call that seems suspicious, hang up and call us back.
- LOC will never request that you send personal information via email unless you are using the Message Center feature in online or mobile banking.
- If you receive an email that looks suspicious, email email@example.com and let us know that you believe it is suspicious so we can investigate the source, and alert our membership. Afterward, delete it immediately.